The objectives of the new degree in tourism are defined taking into account the characteristics and evolution of tourism activity developed in a context of fast transformation, quality demand, competitiveness, sustainability, and increasing internationalization. It is important to highlight the following training objectives of the degree in tourism.
* To respond to existing training necessities providing the knowledge of useful tools for decision-making in the current context of tourism.
* To provide a high-level basic training corpus necessary for technical and managerial specialization in tourism companies and institutions.
* To address aspects essential for the development of competitive advantages related to touristic products and destinations.
* To create specialization profiles that consider both business management necessities and the management of collective aspects, more specifically, the touristic use of natural and cultural resources.
* To homogenize the transmission of knowledge in the area of tourism, avoiding the fragmentation of the content by covering excessive areas of knowledge.
* To create the conditions for the development of multi-disciplinary lines of research.
Apart from the aforementioned educational objectives, a common objective to all the degrees at URJC is to encourage mobility, especially internationally.
Territorial Tourist Resources in Spain
Applied Statistics for Tourism
History of Travel and Tourism
First Foreign Language I (English)
World Territorial Tourist Resources
First Foreign Language II (English)
Social Psychology of Tourism
Analysis of the Tourism Market
Law and Legislation
Marketing for Tourism
Commercial Communication for Tourism
Computer Technologies Applied to Tourism Management
Organization of Tourism Businesses
Second Foreign Language I (French or German)
Sociology of Tourism and Leisure
World Tourist Itineraries and Tourist Information
Administrative Law for Tourism
Second Foreign Language II (French or German)
Financial Accounting for the Tourism Sector
Second Foreign Language III (French or German)
Human Resources Organization and Management
The Hospitality Industry
Tour Operators and Travel Agencies
Cost Accounting for Tourism Businesses
Accounting analysis for businesses in the tourism sector
Optional Subject 1
Optional Subject 2
Optional Subject 3
Transfer of Credits